Sunday, November 22, 2015

album title: The Iceberg Analogy




The Iceburg Analogy
Album description: a chance to lower the water a bit.
Description of the tracks: 

Track 1, (published Jan. 30, 1999)
Here marks my 1st year in life. Everything is astonishing and even though I experienced so much to get to this point, I still couldn't blow out that one candle. I didn't mind.

Track 2, (published Jan. 30, 2000)
Two candles are smoking and I'm starting to find my place in the hubbub. Everything is still astonishing. Who knew that that big black thing in the kitchen held so many fun things to create? #eggslimeonthetile

Track 3, (published 2001)
Mommy and Daddy are back. There are now 3 new people to add to the 8 in the frame on the wall. My oldest sisters aren't smiling and I fended for myself.

Track 4, (published 2002)
2 of them got on the plane, much to Mommy's tragic relief and Daddy's disdain. There are cracks in our house now. But it's okay because someone planned came to us. A light containing smiles and cute Oshkosh overalls.

Track 5, (published 2003)
Our pain is mostly gone, but the cracks are still there. The trampoline, my stuffed animals, and imaginary creatures are my best friends.

Track 6, (published March 1, 2004)
Another one. She looks just like you, they said. I'd never been more flattered.

Track 7, (published Summer of 2005)
My best friend and I are still cleaning the dirt from under our finger nails. I'd never had so many adventures.

Track 8, (published Feb. 2006)
I feel so old, but beautiful. A pretty white dress hangs in my closet.

Track 9, (published Jan. 2007)
We left our safe haven. Where the crap am I? Why are there so many fields? Where are the mountains? So many new faces. And those 48
hour shifts damaged more than just his health.

Track 10, (published Jan. 2008)
We left again. We found even more fields and there are no mountains to be seen. And I could hopefully get used to the smell. More new friends?

Track 11, (published 2009) 
*scratched* 

Track 12, (published 2010)
Too many vacations to Disneyland, instead of the trip to his heart. The trip we all needed. My fist is crammed in my mouth. The crack continues to trickle to the roof, regardless of the new house.

Track 13, (published 2011)
My brother and sister left for a time. They must have somehow known we'd need the help of their black name tags. 

Track 14, (published April, 2012)
The crack reached the top. Our house split in two, as well as her heart. The sun left us and too many doors closed when they should've opened. I fended for myself.

Track 15, (published Aug. 2013)
We found the sun. Tears of joy followed its rays, but I was the only one who bothered to check the forecast. Something is not right. We're living in the quiet before the storm. Be caref-

Track 16, (published Oct. 2014)
The storm. A storm I told myself would never rage, is here. And I am devastated. And sickened. And in pain...so much pain. Caught in a deathly silent blizzard trying to find a pocket knife
to cut bonds that I didn't even know I was born with. Some of us are back in our safe haven, but it doesn't compensate for much. Someone please see me.

Track 17, (published Sept. 2015)
The storm still rages, but it's okay because I found my pocket knife. And I don't know how,
but I can see color through the flurry of snowflakes now. That wind thinks it's pretty
strong, but it still can't blow faster than my heart. I am no longer, and never will be the
girl drenched from the snow.

Track 18, (to be released, Jan. 30, 2016)
It's almost here. And I'm not ready.
God, please let me still be a kid, or at least stay 17...
I've never felt so alive, so right, just the way I am, just the way things are.


6 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful, and painful, and just flat out amazing. I can tell this tool so much time and heart.

    I'm hugging you next time I see you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously read all of it! It hooked me in! And I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Everything of yours just makes me happy. But also sad. But This. Post. Was. So. Good. What a cool concept, you did it amazingly. Ahhhhh

    ReplyDelete